Wiltshire Council is undertaking essential work to refurbish and upgrade the traffic signals on the A350 dual carriageway north of Chippenham at Plough Crossroads, Kington St Michael, from 3 October until 5 November 2021.
For the duration of the works, there will be lane closures in place on the A350 dual carriageway, for the safety of highway users and contractors. To keep the traffic moving on the main route, the junctions to both Kington Langley and Kington St Michael will be closed, with diversions in place. There will also be a temporary speed limit of 30mph in place in the area for the scheme duration. The closure of the side roads will enable the A350 to remain open and free of traffic signals for the majority of the work. Night-time road closures will be in operation for the resurfacing work, so people should expect delays in the area.
The whole junction area will be resurfaced and new road markings and road studs installed. Road markings will also be refreshed the whole length of the 2.5 mile dual carriageway between the Malmesbury Rd roundabout at Chippenham and the Junction 17 roundabout therefore improving the safety of highway users at this location.
Overnight road closures between 2000 and 0600 for the resurfacing (and associated works) of the Plough Crossroads junction between 18 October and 5 November 2021. Phased so that only northbound or southbound is closed at any one time, with the opposite carriageway open to traffic. Locally signed diversion routes will be in place.
- Diversion Routes – Attached plans
Kington Langley Junction – Plough Lane & Church Road to B4069. North via B4069 to B4122 Junction and Junction 17 M4. South via B4069 to Chippenham Langley Road and vice versa.
- Kington St Michael Junction – Kington St Michael road to Fowlswick Lane. Fowlswick Lane to B4039 Yatton Keynell Road. B4039 to A420 Bristol Road. A420 Bristol Road to A350 Bumpers Farm Roundabout. A350 Bumpers Farm to A350 Malmesbury Road roundabout and vice versa.
Night time Diversion Routes – 18 October to 5 November. In addition to the above –
- A350 Northbound Closure, overnight 2000 to 0600. A350 Malmesbury Road roundabout, south on West Cepen Way to A350 Bumpers Farm roundabout, East on A420 Bristol Road to Park Lane. North east on A420 Park Lane to B4069 Langley Road. North on B4069 Langley Road to B4122 Draycott. B4122 Draycott to M4 Junction 17 roundabout.
- A350 Southbound Closure, overnight 2000 to 0600. South from M4 Junction 17 roundabout via B4122 to B4069 Draycott. South on B4069 to Langley Road, Chippenham. South on A420 New Road to A420 Marshfield Road. West on A420 Marshfield Road and A420 Bristol Road to A350 Bumpers Farm Roundabout. Use existing directional signing for destinations.
- Days Lane Junction – (Closed during the southbound A350 resurfacing works) Days Lane to Church Road to B4069. Follow Kington Langley diversion route as above.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience these works will cause. I trust you will appreciate the necessity for these essential works to maintain Wiltshire’s highway network.
Should you require any further information in advance of the works start date please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the details shown below.